FIRST FLAT OUTING

I finished my last shift at work yesterday so my flatmates and I decided to go out to eat to celebrate. I had seen a few interesting looking restaurants that we wanted to visit on the Liverpool independent website. We made a plan to visit at least one new place per month. Yesterday we decided to go to Yardbird, on the corner of Berry St and Duke St. It was quite easy to find and was within walking distance from our flat too.


 



We all ordered a 'Yard burger' and we got 'hot wet dirty peppery saucy fries' and 'maple bacon onion rings' as sides to share. We got all of this for around £30 which is great for 3 burgers, 2 sides and 3 drinks. The most expensive item on the menu is around £8. The portions were a really good size for the price too; the burger that we had was so big that we had to squash it down to eat it. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of the food that we got: 


 The Yard burger was really, REALLY good. The chicken was fried to perfection and was complimented by the rest of the toppings. It had cheese, lettuce, tomato, pink sauce and an onion ring. It got a little bit tricky to eat it due to the sheer size of the burger so napkins are necessary to keep the mess to a minimum. At first I was a bit worried about trying to fit a burger of this size into my mouth, as pink sauce dribbling down your chin isn't particularly the most attractive look is it? After I took the first bite, I realised that it was totally worth having food down my face.

Another thing that I loved about the burger is that it came with a chuppa chup! How cool is that? I got cola flavour too, which is the best one.









The sides were almost as good as the burger. The fries were quite hot (spice wise) and they came with jalapeños and pickles, which I loved because I appreciate a good pickle.

The other side that we ordered were some onion rings wrapped in bacon with maple syrup. I think they are the best creation ever. I would like to formally say that I love the person who thought up this concoction of sweet onion-y, bacon-y  goodness. I could've eaten about 10 of these but of course we had to share (what a shame).






Overall, I would highly recommend Yardbird to anyone that loves chicken! I will definitely be going back there again, probably many times through the next year. 


Have any of you been to Yardbird? Or do you have any other restaurants in Liverpool that you could recommend? Let me know!
Thanks for reading, 


0 comments:

Post a Comment