ROOM TOUR

On the 5th September I moved into my new flat for my second year at the University of Liverpool. I moved in with a friend that I made last year at University David and Anna, a friend from high school/college. We wanted somewhere that was close to both LJMU and UOL as we didn't want to rely on public transport this year. We managed to find somewhere that is reasonably close to both of our Universities and close to the city centre, which was pretty great.



This is my bed, and a bit of my desk. The bedding is from Ikea and the fairy lights are from Primark. I was a bit worried about having a sky light above my bed as I thought that it might keep me awake at night or wake me up in the morning, but so far it has been fine. Its actually quite nice to look out at the sky at night as I fall asleep. I like that it is in a nice little corner of the room too with the sloping ceiling because it looks really cosy with my fairy lights on in the dark. 

I'm lucky because I have two windows in my bedroom; the other two rooms only have one window each. The sunset always looks really nice out of the window in the wall and I have quite a good view of some of the buildings on the docks and I can actually see where the river Mersey joins the sea, which is nice. 

This is my desk space, which I have managed to keep quite tidy so far (probably because none of the hard work has actually started yet). The lamp is from Ikea, as are most of the decorative ornaments. It still looks a bit bare as I have to print off some pictures to put on the notice board and in the picture 
frames. 




This is the other side of my room, that is across from my bed. My en-suite is through the door that you can see. The wardrobe is reasonably sized for student accommodation and its much bigger than the one that I had in my room last year. I also never had an en-suite last year, so I had to share a bathroom with 11 other people. Yeah, that sucked. The bathroom is a bit on the small side, but I'm just pleased that I have one to myself (and guests of course).




 



Here are some close up shots of some of my favourite things in my room. The little box on the left was bought for me by my Nan as a moving in present and I use it as a jewellery box. My lamp was only £16 from Ikea, and I love it! Those flowers and vases are also from Ikea too and I really like those. I can't make my mind up on where to put them though, so they have been moved around at least 10 times in the few days that I've been here. 





I bought this shelving unit too as I needed some extra space for textbooks and bedding. I really like this corner of my room as I think that it looks really clean and bright. Very instagrammable (is this a word? It should be).



Lastly, here is the view from the kitchen window. You cant quite make them out in the picture but you can see the Liver birds on the top of the Liver buildings. The sunset always looks really nice out of that window but its quite difficult to photograph. 



Anyway, this was quite a lengthy post, but I hope you all like it! I'm really excited to spend the next year here. 

Thanks for reading


0 comments:

Post a Comment